Bluebeam availability: In order to make desktop versions of Bluebeam more readily available to all Staff, a new policy has been put in place as of Sept. 21, 2017. This automatically times out idle or unused sessions of Bluebeam after 30-45 minutes of inactivity. While the app will close, any unsaved work is protected by ‘auto-save’ … read more on this here.
Enscape for Revit version 184.108.40.206 is now available in Software Center as an On-Demand Download (replaces version 1.9.0 ).
- Reflections and indirect lighting is now done using real-time path tracing.
- Using a Grass keyword in the material name instantly tells Enscape to draw real geometry grass blades.
- Right-click a point and move the mouse to orbit around it.
- Press M to show the minimap in the upper corner.
- Reworked most of our tree models to better resemble an architectural rendering look.
October 6th, V-Ray Swarm* will be activated on all Render Nodes, firm-wide.
- Replaces Distributed Rendering for V-Ray for Rhino and SketchUp
- Introduces network-based rendering feature for V-Ray for Revit
- As Swarm is not compatible with V-Ray for Max, ‘Deadline’ remains the 3DS Max Render Manager.
- Firm wide presentation on V-Ray Swarm is scheduled for Wednesday, October 4th.
Sefaira for Revit will have an update pushed to all machines over the October Maintenance Weekend (10/14-10/15).
- Improved collaboration across the project team.
- New passive design strategy availability.
- Increased granularity for Zone- and Room-level analyses.
- New, interactive data visualizations.
Applications Sunset: The following applications will be removed from all computers over the weekend of October 13-15, 2017. (newer/current versions of replacement apps are already in place).
|SketchUp 2015||Will be automatically removed during October Maintenance Weekend (10/14–10/15).||All production machines and Cloud Boxes have version 2017.|
|AutoCAD 2015||Will be automatically removed during October Maintenance Weekend (10/14–10/15).||All production machines and Cloud Boxes have version 2017.|
|Revit 2014||Will be automatically removed during October Maintenance Weekend (10/14–10/15).||All production machines and Cloud Boxes have versions 2015, 2016 and 2017. All version 2014 projects have been upgraded.|
- Pushed installs occur between 1AM and 6AM (local time) over the specified maintenance/install window
- Systems unavailable during the maintenance/install window will have installs re-attempted in the very next 1-6 AM slot system is available
- Application ‘updates’ and ‘patches’ will be automatically pushed to all systems where the App/Plugin is already installed
- For systems where the Apps are not installed, the updated Apps and/or Plugins will be available for On-Demand install via Software Center
- Applications and Updates already applied/installed on a system will not show as available in Software Center
- If you believe you have neither received an update/install, nor can see the App/Plugin in Software Center, please reach out for assistance.
- Since installs may require the closing of certain apps and/or rebooting of systems, it is recommended that staff do the following:
- Before leaving for the day/weekend, ahead of a maintenance/install window:
- Save all work and close all applications
- Restart machine and leave Powered ON and Connected to the Network